Brussels – The new members of the European Parliament (MEPs) met for the first time on 2-4 July in Strasbourg and its Committees and Sub-Committees on Foreign Affairs, International Trade, Development, Human Rights and Security and Defence have been formed. It’s therefore a timely moment for Pax Christi International, together with some of its European members, to bring its advocacy messages under the attention of selected MEPs. For this, factsheets have been developed regarding the peace movement’s four advocacy priorities. In the factsheets, the context is given, the work of members and partners is promoted, and specific recommendations are given for action.
Click on these links to consult our advocacy factsheets on:
- Nonviolence as a style for politics for peace
- The nuclear weapons ban treaty
- Extractivism in Latin America
- Towards a just peace for Israel and Palestine
- La non-violence est une politique pour la paix
- Traité d’interdiction des armes nuclèaires
- Extractivisme en Amerique Latine
- Vers une paix juste pour Israël et la Palestine
See these links for our “The Europe We Want” manifestos in English and French version with more general advocacy messages published in the weeks prior to the European Parliament elections (23-26 May 2019).