One of the core means of engagement of Pax Christi International is coordinating and representing the global Catholic peace movement on the international stage. At the United Nations in New York and Geneva and UNESCO in Paris, our UN representatives work together with civil society and policy makers to advance our mission for peace, justice, disarmament, and human rights.
Pax Christi International, together with its UN representatives recently hosted an online meet and greet. The event was an opportunity for learning and exchange.
Click here to watch a recording of the webinar on YouTube.
The following presentations were given during the Meet & Greet :
- Introduction to Pax Christi International’s UN advocacy work by Mary Yelenick, Main UN Representative New York
- Video testimony by Bianca Pabotoy, member of Pax Christi Philippines, visiting the UN in New York in 2019 for a SDG event
- Presentation about Pax Christi International’s Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty work by Jonathan Frerichs, UN Disarmament Representative in Geneva and New York
- Presentation on the UN’s NGO Working Group on Israel/Palestine work by Abigail Metzger, UN Representative New York
- Presentation of Pax Christi International’s work at UNESCO in Paris by Ghislain Le Ray, Main Representative UNESCO
For the full list of Pax Christi International Representatives, please visit our International Secretariat page.