Protect Refugees and Migrants During the Pandemic
Pax Christi International joins with colleagues from Central America, Mexico and the United States in offering this framework for action to protect migrants and refugees and help all of our communities survive this crisis and rebuild with justice and equity.
- Release as many migrants and asylum seekers from detention as possible
- Take immediate steps to slow the spread of the virus in refugee camps, migrant shelters and detention centers
- Provide migrants and refugees equitable access to prevention, testing, treatment, and emergency support
- Guarantee the right to asylum
- Make immediate and large-scale investments in public health systems and food and income support for vulnerable families
Read more in English or in Spanish