How to Engage
Pax Christi International is hiring a management assistant to organise the 75th anniversary gathering of the movement in Hiroshima (Japan) in May 2020
Pax Christi International is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated management assistant to support the teams in Brussels and in Hiroshima and an international planning committee to coordinate the preparation of the 75th anniversary gathering of Pax Christi International that will take place in Hiroshima, 18 – 22 May 2020.
Period of assignment:
13 January 2020 – 30 June 2020 Full time Most planning activities will take place at the international office in Brussels. The assignment will include occasional visits to Hiroshima.
The management assistant will support in every aspect of the planning and make sure that together with Brussels staff, the planning committee and local partners in Hiroshima, the event on the spot runs smoothly. Some 130 participants from all over the world are expected to attend.
- Ensure fluent contact with all partners involved (staff in Brussels, planning committee and local partner in Hiroshima)
- Organise preparatory planning meetings, report and follow up on all decisions made
- Prepare together with the planning committee all aspects related to the programme, such as agenda preparation, invitations of speakers and resource persons, preparatory guidelines for working groups and round tables
- Coordinate with partners all logistical issues such as meeting facilities, transport, lodging and meals, registrations
- Budget follow up
- Update and maintain the events website and social media.
TERMS AND SALARY
Salary is commensurate with experience within Belgian non-profit standards. For further details and how to apply, click here.