Democratic Republic of Congo: Africa Reconciled initiates Youth Gathering for Change activities
9/2/19 - Africa Reconciled, one of our member organisations in the Democratic Republic of Congo, aims to bring together young peace activist leaders from the DRC to enable them to create a common vision for their country and give them exposure to key stakeholders. The younger generation (18-35 years old) is the best able to decide together on the future they want to build in the DR Congo.
Africa Reconciled's approach includes:
- bringing together 11 young men and women engaged daily and working in Africa Reconciled Peace Clubs in Goma, Masisi, Rutshuru, Bukavu, Katana and Uvira.
- providing support for a college of 4 national and international experts
- building the capacity of young peace activists
- coaching young people on the themes of peace building
- creating a synergistic work of young peace activists
- developing recommendations for national and international decision-makers on topics chosen by participants (2-day workshops)
- and releasing a publication of Youth Gathering for Change results on social networks and through a website.
Youth Gathering for Change is an initiative of the Africa Reconciled organization created in 2019...