World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel, 22-28 September 2013
This year’s World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel (WWPPI) is taking place from 22 to 28 September 2013. This annual observance of a week of prayer, education and advocacy is an initiative of the Palestine Israel Ecumenical Forum (PIEF) of the World Council of Churches and is supported by Pax Christi International. It seeks to promote an end to the illegal occupation of Palestine and a just peace for all in Palestine and Israel.
Over the last months, the International Working Group of WWPPI, along with partners worldwide, has prepared resources for use in worship services, educational forums, and other events during the Week. These resources include:
- The Jerusalem Prayer from the Churches in Jerusalem;
- The liturgy "Jerusalem, the City of Justice and Peace" written by Palestinian Christian laity and clergy for Sunday, 22 September;
- Proposed common action and advocacy for Sunday 22 September, based on the theme: "To pray, you need a military permit!"
- An Educational and Advocacy Resource on Jerusalem providing background material, current information, theological reflections, and suggestions for advocacy for each day of the week;
- Testimonials from the Wall Museum near Rachel's Tomb, a project of the Sumud Story House of the Arab Educational Institute;
- A policy paper on Jerusalem, published March 2013 by the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung office in East Jerusalem.
These and other resources can also be downloaded from the Resources Page of the World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel website.